Family mediation allows Texas families to settle issues without interference from the court. Mediation creates a controlled environment in which to discuss important issues and find resolutions that are created by those most affected. A professional mediator facilitates the conversation and helps everyone involved explore the various options for settling a dispute. Mediation is less expensive than litigation and settles problems in less time, which is important in many family disputes.
Family mediation is effective for settling a variety of issues, including:
- Property settlements
- Child support
- Custody and visitation issues (including holidays & summer)
- Parental rights and duties
- Medical decisions and health insurance
- Reimbursement for uninsured medical expenses
- Extra-curricular activities for the children
- Telephone/Facetime access to the children
- International travel & passports for the children
- Spousal support
The benefits of mediation include an opportunity to settle a dispute peacefully, maintaining a civil relationship. For many families in Texas, this is essential because those involved in the dispute are the primary decision makers for the family and must work together in the future to settle issues. Mediation is also confidential, so sensitive family issues remain private, even as legal decisions are made.
By fostering an atmosphere of honesty and cooperation, Fran Brochstein can help resolve disputes involving or within your family. Call her today at 713-847-6000 or send her an email at email@example.com to get started.